At more2life we look after your details carefully. We adhere strictly to data protection laws.
This policy describes how we collect, use and look after the information you provide us when you enquire about and use our services. This policy may change from time to time as our processes change over time, which will be reflected in this document.
The pages within this website are intended for use by UK residents and businesses only and refer to UK products.
Who we are
Company details and regulation
more2life is a limited company registered in England No 5390268. Registered Office: Baines House, 4 Midgery Court, Fulwood, Preston PR2 9ZH. more2life is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Our Information Commissioner’s Office registration number is Z9624016.
Chris Muchowski is the Data Protection Officer for more2life Ltd.
What information we collect and how
The information we collect includes:
- Any personal details you knowingly provide us with through any means including forms and email, such as name, address, telephone number etc.
- Your marketing preferences.
- Your email activity.
- Your IP address, browser type and browsing activity whilst on our website. Your IP address is a string of numbers unique to your computer that is recorded by our web server when you request any page or component on the website.
Information on deleting or controlling cookies is available at the About Cookies website.
We supplement the information we collect from you with publicly available information from 3rd parties to assist with providing services to you – for example this may include additional contact information or geodemographic information.
What we do with your information
Any personal information we collect about you will be used in accordance with the data protection laws. The details we collect will be used:
- To process your enquiry and application and to provide future services
- To keep you up to date with the latest information about equity release, product updates and special offers. You can opt-out at any point.
- To personalise content on our website.
- To administer competitions and prize draws.
- To carry out market research.
- For the collection of case studies about our customers.
- To tailor our services better to your needs.
If we receive your data from a third party the categories of data that we collect may include, but are not limited to:
- Contact Details
- Marital Status
- Date of Birth
We will process this data in the same way as that collected by ourselves as shown below:
|How we use your data
|To provide you with the services you have requested
|This is necessary for the performance of the contract to provide the services you have requested.
|To manage our relationship with you
||This is in our legitimate interest of keeping you informed of our available products and services and keeping our records up to date.
This is necessary to comply with the legal and regulatory requirements that apply to us.
|To provide you with the information about our products and services via post
||This is in our legitimate interests to keep you informed of our services. You may opt-out at any time.
|To provide you with information about our products and services via email, SMS and phone
||We will always seek your consent for this.
|To process and service your Lifetime Mortgage application
||This is necessary for the performance of the contract to process and administer your Lifetime Mortgage application
Health data will be processed only with your consent.
Criminal Convictions data will be processed in our legitimate interest for the prevention of financial crime.
||This is in our legitimate interests to improve our services.
|To run our business in an efficient and proper way. This includes managing our financial position, business capability, planning communications, corporate governance and audit.
||This is in our legitimate interest to fulfil our legal and contractual duties efficiently.
This is necessary to comply with the legal and regulatory requirements that apply to us.
Disclosing your information
Here’s when we disclose information about you
- To search the files of external data bureaus and credit reference agencies in order to verify your identity and contact information. These searches may affect your credit rating.
- To 3rd parties for the purposes of data cleansing or for marketing communications, namely direct mailings, digital display, email, social media. They will never use your personal information for their own purposes.
- When we (or any 3rd party acting on our behalf) are legally compelled to or have a duty to the public to disclose information.
- To your equity release adviser or – at your request – to our advice partner The Modern Lending Advisers Limited.
- When disclosure is made at your request or consent.
- When we are required to disclose your information in order to administer your business. This will include the provider of the funds, your and our solicitor, and the valuer of the property. This may include transferring your personal data to transferees in other countries, such as the US.
Capital Choice plans – www.thephoenixgroup.com
Flexi Choice plans – www.rothesaylife.com/data-protection
Maximum Choice plans - www.rgare.com/privacy-policy
Tailored Plus / Tailored Lite / Interest Choice / Premier Choice plans - www.wearejust.co.uk/privacy-policy/
Prime Choice / Prime Plus plans - www.uss.co.uk/public/privacy-notice
The FCA regulates all financial services business; if the FCA or any other regulatory body asks for access to customer records we would provide this information.
We may also share your personal data with other members of the KR Group in order to run our business in an efficient manner including for corporate governance or audit purposes.
How long we will keep your data
If you go on to submit an application, all personal data that you have provided to us during the course of business will be retained indefinitely.
If you do not go on to submit an application, we will retain any personal data that you have provided to us for a minimum of 12 months but for no longer than 24 months.
You have the right to:
- request a copy of any information that we currently hold about you and ask us to correct or delete this.
- restrict or object to processing of your information.
- the information we hold in our systems about you to be provided to you or another Data Controller in a machine readable format.
Where you have provided consent for us to process your data, you have the right to withdraw the consent for the processing of that data.
If you believe that we are not processing your information correctly you should contact our Data Protection Officer at the above address. If you are not satisfied with our response you have the right to take your complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office (www.ico.org.uk).
Protecting your information
We are committed to protecting the confidentiality and security of your information. As such any information collected via our website is encrypted and delivered to us through a secure environment and protected using robust security methods. more 2 life maintains a comprehensive information security management system which ensures industry standard technical and administrative controls are in place for the protection of customer data.
Please note that there is no guarantee that any email sent will be received, or that the contents of any such email will remain private or unaltered during Internet transmission. For this reason we will not include any of your personal information by email without your prior permission, but will usually respond to your enquiries by telephone or post. If you have any such concerns, you may prefer to telephone or write to us instead. We accept no liability for any damages you or others may suffer as a result of the alteration or loss of confidentiality of any such information.
We reserve the right to monitor the use and content of emails which are sent from and received by us for the purposes of ensuring compliance with our own email policy, and identifying and taking action against unlawful or improper use of our systems, including, but not limited to, spoofing, the transmission of computer viruses and a denial of service attack.
Copyright and Trademark
© 2020 more2life Ltd. Copyright in the pages of this website, in the screens displaying the pages and in the information and material contained therein and their arrangement, is owned by more2life unless otherwise indicated. Reproduction of the pages of this website in whole or in part without the prior written consent of more2life Ltd is strictly prohibited unless carried out for private, non-commercial viewing purposes.
Whilst we take all reasonable steps to ensure this website is always accessible we will not be held liable if, for any reason, the website is unavailable for any period. We may also have to suspend access to the website for routine or emergency updates and maintenance, but we will endeavour to keep any disruption to a minimum.
In addition we cannot warrant that this website will be free of viruses or defects of any description and we will not be held responsible for any technical problems you may suffer as a result of your use of this website.
Third party websites
This website may contain links to websites operated by third parties. The responsibility for the operation, content and cookie policies of those websites rests solely with the organisation identified as controlling the third party website and will be governed by separate terms and conditions. Links are provided for convenience and inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement in any way of the site to which it links. We accept no responsibility or liability for the contents of any linked website.